All Creatures Veterinary Services is proud to provide for our patients a therapy called Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation or VOM. VOM is similar to various chiropractic techniques and actually combines the best aspects of both veterinary and chiropractic care. A hand held device is used which provides a very precise force to the affected area to induce healing.
VOM can be used to treat and prevent a wide range of conditions:
- Acute and chronic lameness
- Hip dysplasia-like syndromes
- Back problems/ disc disease
- Progressive myelopathies (down in the rear dogs)
- Diseases of the knee
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Cats with lumbar disease (sensitive lower backs)
- Agility dysfunction
- Wobbler’s disease
*(Ask about early intervention for puppies with breed predisposed conditions)
VOM can also be combined with other modalities such as acupuncture and therapeutic laser therapy to make these treatments even more effective.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting technique, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Geltman.